Monday, June 22, 2015

Tell All Tuesday - Teacher Bucket List


Tuesday is one of my favorite days in the blogging world!! Tell All Tuesday is so much fun. I am enjoying reading about other bloggers and making new friends in this awesome teacher blogger community! This link up is definitely one of my favorite link ups for the summer hosted by the fabulous My Day in K and Teach Talk Inspire! For this Tuesday's tell all it is all about our Teacher bucket list. I have a few things in my teacher bucket list that I hope to one day accomplish:)



My teacher bucket list has some small things as well as some pretty big plans! 
I would love to have more ipads in my classroom. My kinders love using them for all types of things. We use them for games, reading QR codes, research, taking pictures and even emailing videos. 5 year olds are pretty amazing!!! They are so tech savvy! I would love to have a class set and am planning on writing a few grants next year to hopefully accomplish this goal!

I would also like to go back to school and get my Ed.S.  I would like to get my Ed.S in curriculum and instruction. I do a lot of research on my own to grow professionally....let's face it we are teachers therefore we are continually learning about something:) Right now I am researching and reading about Project Based Learning. I am looking forward to implementing PBL in my classroom next school year. Several of the kindergarten teachers at my school(there are 14 of us!) teach through thematic units. I love this approach I feel that PBL will take thematic teaching to a whole new level. I have found several projects I want to do with my kinders next year starting with community helpers. I will blog about this crazy adventure so be sure to check back .

A huge goal in my teacher bucket list is to start my own preschool/kindergarten school! BIG DREAM right! One that may not happen but I'm hoping it does. I would love to be able to allow the teachers the freedom to teach the way they like, incorporate more play, differentiated seating and more hands on learning. I know that rigor and standards are important but I feel that many "rule" makers have lost sight  of the fact that they are still children! (Rant over)

I would also like to grow my TPT store. I really enjoy creating resources for my classroom and sharing them with other teachers. I love reading feedback from other teachers when my products are successful in their classroom. I am incredibly blessed with my store and followers right now and am looking forward to what the future holds! Who knows maybe one day my little store can help me start that school!!!!


Thank you so much for stopping by to read by teacher bucket list! I am looking forward to reading about everyone's list. Please hop over to My Day in K and Teach Talk Inspire to join in on the fun! Just click on the buttons below.

                                                   
                                                      post signature 

18 comments:

  1. If you start that school, let me know! I'd love to come teach with you. Let the children play! Thanks for sharing your goals.
    Andrea
    Always Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely let you know if I start that dream school:) Thanks for stopping!

      Delete
  2. Love your bucket list!!!! Starting your own school would be SO amazing and rewarding!!! Holler if you need a teacher ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so amazing to be able to start a school! I will keep you in mind if the time ever comes:) Thank you for stopping by!!

      Delete
  3. Love your bucket list! If the teachers started the schools our country would be so much better off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn you are so right! We are the experts right?!?!? Thanks for stopping by:)
      Jill

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, you must call me when you start your pre-k/k school!! I am so right there with you, happy to be a kindergarten teacher in your school!! :-) You have such an amazing bucket list! I know you'll be able to reach your goals, you are awesome!!
    Thanks so much for sharing them with us, you rock!!!

    Warmest Wishes,
    Erin
    www.kinderdragons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin I will certainly call you when I start this dream school! Thanks for stopping by to read my bucket list friend!!
      Jill

      Delete
  5. Your bucket is awesome! That would be great to start your own school! Go for it! Check out my post, it includes a FREEBIE.
    All the best!
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your bucket list is pretty fabulous! I would love to visit the Ron Clark Academy myself! Best of luck to you!
      Jill

      Delete
  6. Growing TpT is a great goal! Its something I hope to do too! Best wishes!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you tons of success Ashley! Thanks for stopping by:)
      Jill

      Delete
  7. Jill, I loved reading your bucket list. I also want to write a few grants to try to get iPads in the classroom. As you said, five year olds can do so much on them. Having a class set would be a dream. I had to reread when you wrote you have 14 kindergarten teachers at your school?! Wow, that's a big team. Is your school K-5? We have also been trying project based learning especially with our ELA units. It has been a fun adventure! That would be AWESOME to open your own school, and I hope you are able to accomplish this! Thank you for sharing your bucket list and for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana we do have 14 kindergarten units and we are a K-2 school only. Last year we had 850 students enrolled. Crazy right?? I actually teach with the fabulous Markers and Mascara ladies!
      Jill

      Delete
  8. When you start your own school I will definitely submit my resume! I loved reading your about your goals, you can do them all! :)

    Moore to Learn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kristen!! I would gladly take your resume when this dream becomes a reality!
      Jill

      Delete
  9. Hey, Friend!
    Ashley and I care CRACKING UP at the fact that you posted you want to "own your own preschool!" We were stopping by to read about your "Dare to Dream" post and saw your "Tell All Post!" In our "Dare to Dream" post, we put that we want to "become administrators of our own pre-school". How funny! Maybe you and I have discussed that before?!?! We wish you a ton of success in making all your dreams and wishes come true!
    Much love,
    Ashley and Brooklynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! We should definitely get together and plan this out I'll start the school and let you two run it:) thanks for stopping by ladies!
      Jill

      Delete