Wednesday, July 22, 2015

All About this Kinder Teacher

 It has been such an amazing journey getting to know so many fab kinder teachers through this #kindertribe team!! I love that we not only have a facebook page but have taken it one step farther and have created a kindertribe blog! What a special place for us to collaborate and celebrate each other all year long! I am looking forward to seeing what our future holds and the many lasting friendships that will made along this journey!!

This fun link up is all about this kinder teacher..great idea!!!!
So here is a little about me!
I will start my 16th year teaching in August! Say what?!?!?! It definitely doesn't feel like it has been 16 years!! I taught my first 6 years in first grade then asked my principal if I could move to kindergarten. I absolutely LOVE kindergarten and can not imagine teaching any other grade! I found my niche' in k!!
I could not live without my smart board!! Last year my bulb blew out and it was 3 weeks before the new one came in!!!! I felt lost without my board and so did the kiddos. I use my smartboard all day everyday. For whole group and centers. 
My favorite school supply are flair pens. I firmly believe you can never have to many!!!
My favorite kinder books are Pete the cat! I have collected quite a few over the years and my kiddos enjoy them very much!! Plus the illustrator is from Alabama!! 
I can not pick a favorite kinder blog there are so many that I love and stalk continuously!
I love kindergarten because they are so eager to learn and they love you unconditionally!!! They also think your stick figure drawings are equally as impressive as the Mona Lisa HA!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by to read about me!! Thank you for being part of such a wonderful group of kinder teachers!! I believe kinder teachers are the best of the best!! I admire and respect you all so very much!!!! Kinder teachers rock!!!
Head over to the Kinder tribe blog to link up and join in on the fun!!
Kinder Tribe

8 comments:

  1. I just saw your comment on my blog...Pete the Cat is the best! :) I love how eager the kids are too! I enjoyed reading your post Jill!

    -Katie Millard
    Miss Kate's Desk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't agree more with you about the SMART Board!! I have had to wait for a projector bulb (apparently they're super expensive) and it was so hard to get used to not being able to use it!! I use it all day everyday too!! Flair pens are the best, and I love all the Pete books and the videos to go with them, they are always a huge hit in my classroom!!
    I'm so glad to have met you through this blogging journey, and I enjoy getting to learn more about you!! Can't wait till Vegas next year!! Hope you're able to get your room finished this week so you can relax for the rest of the summer!!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another Alabama connection! So excited about KinderTribe as well and the team it brings me already. I keep seeing flair pens mentioned. I'm thinking a trip to the store is in order. Sixteen years! They go by quickly but I still love what I do! I can tell you do as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SMART Boards are awesome! I worked with them quite a bit when doing my practicum experiences in college, but our school district does not currently have any. We are an Apple district, so all students and teachers have Apple devices. Although I thoroughly enjoy each of my kinders having their own iPad to use for learning in my classroom, it would still be extremely nice to have a SMART board because there is so much you can do on them! Maybe one of these days we will be able to have them in conjunction with our other devices. :) Your blog is ADORABLE!

    Miss Law's Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a SMART board last year and I don't this year. I am one VERY sad teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that I have watched you on Periscope I am reading this with a southern accent (trust me you don't want to hear it!!) I use my SmartBoard as much as I can! The engagement level sky rockets when a lesson involves it! Love Flair Pens! You rock chicka!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys inspired me to get some Flair pens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pete the Cat books are a lot of fun. I need to be using my Smart board more often. Your blog is adorable.
    123kteach

    ReplyDelete