Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tell All Tuesday- A Goal, A Wish and a Dream

I am super sad this is our last Tell All Tuesday!!!!! I am looking forward to seeing what Diana and Jayme come up with next though:) I have very much enjoyed these weekly link ups and getting to know more about so many of my blogging friends. This community is truly amazing!
This week is about sharing a goal, a wish and a dream for our school year. 
My goal for this year is to incorporate more play into our day. I am so happy that the pendulum is finally swinging back in the right direction. I have carved out some time each day for choice centers. I have also spent more money than I should on things for them! I am interested to see how this time affects my classroom. 

My wish is for my kiddos' parents to invest in their child's education. Parents are our children's first teachers and if they value school and teach their kiddos that school is important it will transfer over to them. I really encouraged my parents today at meet the teacher to talk with their kids about their day, ask them questions about what they learned that day and be excited when they say "hey mom, did you know I'm a mathematician?" I also told them we are a team and we can not succeed at educating their children without working together:)

My dream for this school year is to write and receive a grant for my classroom. I would LOVE to be able to purchase some more technology for my classroom!

Thanks so much for stopping by to read about my Tell all Tuesday! Head over to link up and join in on the fun!!

4 comments:

  1. I love your goal of incorporating more play into your day, I can't wait to hear about how that goes!! Your Wish is such a great one, and getting parents involved can sometimes be hard. Sounds like you're well on your way to doing so, and it sounds like you had a really great Meet the Teacher time today!! I too would love more technology in my classroom, it would be so cool to get some iPads and get to do QR Code activities! :-)
    I hope you have a wonderful week and a very great first day with kiddos this week!!!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for play! I was so excited when I half-jokingly asked for a dramatic play structure in the classroom and my principal said she would do her best to make it happen by Christmas. Connecting with parents is absolutely key for our little learners, and it's sometimes the most difficult part of our job. I hope your dreams and wishes all come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wish is such an amazing one. This is one of my greatest hopes- that parents will see their importance in their child's learning. :) And yay for play!!! Can I get some more play up over here?!? I feel like my kinder babes learn so much from play. Such a great post! Thanks for sharing.
    Marisa
    Yee-Haw in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wish is such an amazing one. This is one of my greatest hopes- that parents will see their importance in their child's learning. :) And yay for play!!! Can I get some more play up over here?!? I feel like my kinder babes learn so much from play. Such a great post! Thanks for sharing.
    Marisa
    Yee-Haw in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete